Innisfree Eco Gel Liner in Brown Review

Sunday, February 9, 2014


Back in November I reviewed the Innisfree Gel Liner in Black. You can read the review here. Eco Gel Liner line is fairly unknown and there are only two colors available: black and brown. I liked it so much, I have now purchased the other one in brown.  

I loved using the black to tight line my upper lash line because it stays on like no other liner, it's pigmented and contain no glitter. The Innisfree Eco Gel Liner in Brown is also very pigmented and contains no glitter. I think it will be a great alternative to the black if I wanted a very natural eye makeup look. My waterline is super sensitive when it comes to glitter and after a painful experience with a shimmery pencil liner, I no longer put any type of liner with shimmer or glitter on my waterline.


Claims:
- flawless expression of lines
- Free System: doesn't contain any harmful chemicals so you can use the product around sensitive areas
- contains green tea extract to sooth the skin

Packaging: It comes in a clear, square plastic container with a round, off-white lid. It's pretty cute but bulky. I think they're quite easy to store because they are flat. I can stack them on top of each other - whereas I cannot do the same for Tony Moly Backstage Liners.


Color: It's a very dark, pigmented chocolate brown but if you smudge it or swipe your brush on your hands first, it can be very pretty chocolate brown. On my waterline, it's definitely much more soft and natural than the black.



Swatches of the product immediately after opening.


Performance: Like the Innisfree Eco Gel Liner in Black, the product is very wet and pigmented. When I use it on my upper lash line, I experience transfer and smudging immediately because the product is so wet. To avoid this, you need to blot or swipe off the excess product before you use your brush or wait 2-3 months for the product to dry a little bit. You can see the messy line that the gel liner gave me when I applied directly from pot to brush without blotting off the excess.

It takes around a minute before the product dries completely. During this time you can remove any mess or smudge out the liner. I used a q-tip and smudged out the gel liner. After blending it out, the line looks much cleaner and softer - giving my eyes a more natural makeup look.

After the product dries, it is really long lasting. It won't smudge, fade, nor crease.  If you have super oily lids like I do, I highly recommend you to set your eyelids and eyebags with the Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder.

What I Love About It:
- smudgeproof
- long lasting
- water resistent
- easy to use on the waterline
- easy to blend out
- pigmented
- affordable
- perfect matte brown color

What I Don't Love About It
- the initial product is very wet - so I have to wait for it to dry before it becomes easier to use
- I have to wait a minute after application for it to set before I can blink or else it can be very messy
- not ideal as a top liner for the two above reasons. You can blot off excess product on the brush to avoid the top two dislikes.

Overall: I highly recommend this product because of it's durability and staying power.  I love using itt to tightline as it really stays on the waterline and it's matte. However, I do recommend that you wait a month or two for the product to dry up a little as initially it is way to wet and soft. 

2 comments:

  1. I just got the black liner and now you're seriously tempting me with the brown liner!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! try out the black first and tell me how you like it ^^ remember to set your under eye area with a setting powder first tho! it will prevent your eye cream or foundation from messing with your eye makeup :)

      Delete

ChrissieTee. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top